Pre-Cast System Floating Slab
Farrat Pre-cast Floating Floor Systems are formed by combining pre-cast concrete planks spanned between steel beams with a concrete screed top layer. This makes it possible to create high performance floating floors, which can take very high loads with minimal supporting points.
Farrat Pre-cast Floating Floor System
- With Pre-Cast Floating Floor systems, floating slab elements up to 400mm thick are possible in conjunction with an essentially unlimited air-gap. Such systems can be more expensive than the others in the range, however their acoustic performance is unrivalled.
- Where thicker slabs (200mm+) and/or a minimal number of support locations are available, Farrat can design laminated, hybrid or Isomat bearings to be used with pre-cast concrete planks to accommodate much higher loads than any other system.
- Isomat elastomeric isolators provide low stiffness/high resilience (allowing natural frequencies as low as 6Hz), low creep under compression load and low ratio of dynamic-to-static stiffness
- Concert Halls
- Conference Centres
- Reverberation Chambers
- HVAC/Generator Installations
- Create concrete upstands or grout pedestals to complement the height of the acoustic bearings (which will depend on the natural frequency required and the bearing type selected), and the steel section thickness to form the desired air-gap
- Place the bearings on a grout bed to achieve the exact levels required
- Bearings should be level to within +/-3mm across floor area to avoid uneven load distribution
- Bearing sizes may vary depending on the loading at each point
- Alternatively, place bearings on steel packers to be grouted in after steel sections are installed and levelled but before precast planks are installed. The bearings must have a full, level and flat seating surface
- Place the steel sections and adjust levels if required. Install temporary bracing to keep the steel sections in place and correctly orientated during the rest of the construction
- Using steel sections provides a full contact support and allows for more secure sealing along the edges of the precast slabs
- Place precast planks onto steel sections, keeping all joint gaps to a minimum. Planks may need to be pre-designed or cut on site to fit around any intruding structures such as columns or angles in perimeter walls.
- Farrat can provide Isofoam to create a resilient but acoustically sealed interface between isolated and non-isolated structures
- Seal all perimeter edges of the precast slabs to avoid concrete overspill
- Pre-cast slabs can include reinforcement loops to tie into concrete if required
- Construct perimeter formwork if required and pour concrete slab
- Pour concrete carefully at perimeter edges and around protrusions through the slab to prevent bridging caused by overspill
Can be supplied as full sheets, cut to size pads and strips (including holes and slots if required) according to the customer’s requirements.
Typical Lead Time:
Stock: 2-3 working days
Non-Stock: 2-3 working weeks
Bespoke: 4-6 working weeks
*If cutting is required, add +5 days.
Please contact us on +44 (0) 161 924 1600 for more information on our range of spring units
Farrat Floating Floors
- Are used in a wide range of buildings to protect sensitive areas from noise sources or to contain noise sources within their areas
- Offer flexibility in delivery as well as being easy, fast and economical to install
- Provide a high degree of impact, shock and vibration control through a combination of mass addition and structural decoupling by constructing the floating slab on elastometric or coil spring isolators tuned to specific frequencies
- Provide a high degree of airborne noise isolation through the incorporation of an air layer between the structural slab and the floating slab
- Offer unparalleled flexibility in design, layout, acoustic and load carrying capacity
- Are laboratory tested to national and international standards
- Are supported by Farrat’s specialist team of structural and acoustic engineers
Standards & Compliance
- Elastomeric Compounds & Isolators
Our compounds conform with the requirements and testing procedures set out in BS 6177:1982 and BS EN 1337-3:2005.
- Acoustic Testing
Our acoustic floating floor systems have been laboratory tested in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-4 & 7:1998 in a UKAS accredited laboratory. Full test data is available on request.
- Quality Assurance
Farrat Isolevel Ltd operates an ISO 9001:2008 approved quality assurance system.
Farrat takes sustainability and environmental responsibility very seriously. Before each project, we undertake a waste mitigation exercise to limit the amount of waste we generate by effective planning. We use FSC/PEFC certified timber (Breeam Tier 3) and recycled aggregates in our CEM II/III concrete (Breeam Tier 3) meaning we can ensure you have the ability to achieve the maximum amount of credits under Breeam MAT 03.
All of the materials we use in our floating floors are 100% recyclable.