Nitrile (NBR) is a versatile anti vibration material used predominantly in industrial applications for its excellent vibration damping, shock absorption and chemical resistance characteristics.
Load capacity range: 2N/mm2 (MPa)
Why choose Farrat Nitrile (NBR)?
- High performance vibration and shock damping
- Excellent oil and chemical resistance properties
- Used extensively in Farrat machine mounts
- Produced in the UK by Farrat using high quality compounds
- Available in a range of hardness grades and thicknesses
- Easy to use and economical elastomeric anti vibration material
- Low level of creep
- Long lifetime
- Can be supplies as sheets or bespoke pads and strips
- In low pressure applications it may be necessary to consider alternative materials such as Farrat Isomat Nitrile IMBR. Farrat are happy to advise and provide technical calculations to specify the most appropriate material.
- Where bolt through connections are required, Farrat Anti-vibration (AW) washers and bushes should be incorporated in order to allow free movement of the pad and to ensure that the bolt does not transmit vibration across the connection.