Squaregrip (SG) is a high strength and stiff vibration damping material used predominantly in industrial applications where anti vibration is required but minimal movement is critical.
Load capacity range: 1.5 to 6.0N/mm2 (MPa)
Why choose Farrat Squaregrip SG?
- High stiffness vibration and shock damping
- Produced from high grade fibre reinforced nitrile rubber
- Excellent oil and chemical resistance properties
- Used extensively in Farrat machine mounts
- Produced in the UK by Farrat using high quality compounds
- Available in a range of thicknesses
- Low level of creep
- Long lifetime
- Can be supplies as sheets or bespoke pads and strips
In lower pressure applications it may be necessary to consider alternative materials such as Farrat Nitrile NBR. Farrat are happy to advise and provide technical calculations to specify the most appropriate material.
Where bolt through connections are required, Farrat Anti-vibration (AW) Washers and Bushes should be incorporated in order to allow free movement of the pad and to ensure that the bolt does not transmit vibration across the connection.
Anti Vibration pads and materials can sometimes be referred to as; anti-vibration, vibration absorption materials, elastomer, resilient material, isolation pads, vibration rubber, isolation rubber, damping material.